A WELL NOURISHED LIFE: MINDFUL EATING AND LIVING
June 24 - 29, 2021 in Umbria, Italy
24 CE CREDITS for RDN, RN, Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LEP, and LPCC.
with Andrea Lieberstein, MPH, RDN, RYT
During this 5-day experiential retreat-like seminar we will explore together the elements of a well-nourished life in the beautiful setting of Umbria.
Particular attention will be given to evidence-based tools and practices of mindful eating and living. You'll be able to immediately apply these tools in your own lives as well as with patients to help improve resilience, health and well-being and cultivate a balanced, wiser, and healthier relationship to food. The foundational tools, skills and practices of mindful eating and living - based on NIH funded research, contemporary psychological and behavioral sciences, nutrition, neuroscience and ancient wisdom practices - can be applied to a wide range of populations, including those with weight concerns, disordered eating, emotional and stress related eating and overeating and for those simply wishing to bring their lives into balance with mindful eating and living skills and practices.
Session themes and practices include cultivating foundational practices and qualities that enhance well-being in everyday life: meditation practice, mindful eating, movement and yoga, self-compassion, lovingkindness, and how to stay present and embodied in the moment. We will work with difficult mind states and use the power of intention, mindfulness, applied neuroscience and behavioral science to create sustained and meaningful change with patients and clients. You will leave with a jewel box of practices to inform work with patients and your own self-care for a long time to come.
The program offers an experiential learning environment, with a focus on developing the capacity for compassionate self-awareness and ability to apply foundational tools, skills and practices of mindful eating and living to a wide range of populations, including those with weight concerns, disordered eating, emotional and stress related eating and overeating. Designed for medical practitioners and healthcare professionals (Physicians, NPs, PAs, Nurses, Psychologists, Therapists, Counselors) involved in practice and education. No prior experience is required; however, experience with meditation or other contemplative practices is welcomed and previous work and/or experience with eating issues.
Teaching methods will include lecture, demonstration, mindfulness training, guided meditations, mindful eating exercises, group discussion and inquiry, personal inquiry, small groups, dyads, compassion training, healthy eating and living guidelines, sitting and walking meditation, self-compassion practices, gentle yoga, mindfulness-based eating awareness training practices, ecotherapy practices and role playing. Materials: Well Nourished Book and Worksheets
*This program fulfills the requirement for the retreat portion for the nine month Well Nourished Coaching certification program, including additional CE’s available. If you wish to learn more please send inquiries to Andrea, .
24 CE CREDITS
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
Establish a direct and first-hand experience of mindfulness, mindful eating, and self-compassion;
Explain the well-nourished approach to mindful eating and living and nourishing the whole self;
Summarize research that supports evidence-based approaches to mindful eating and living including that from the MB-EAT program;
Describe how mindful inquiry and choice-making helps us to identify our true needs for nourishment, including distinguishing physical hunger from other eating triggers;
Describe the 5-step process to mindful eating and living;
Demonstrate how to implement and share with clients mindfulness-based self-care strategies to promote professional and personal well-being including evidence-based mindful eating practices, self-compassion and emotional resiliency practices;
Explain how to start a mindful eating practice;
Describe skills and share with clients how mindfulness and mindful eating practices can reduce stress and anxiety around eating, promote non-judgement, flexibility, self-compassion, balance and well-being;
Learn skills to manage emotional, stress-related eating and craving;
Describe the basis for the applicability of meditation, lovingkindness and equanimity practices as a resource for patients or clients to work with craving;
Explain the distinction between inner and outer nourishment practices and the importance of both for establishing a sustainable balanced way of eating, and living a well-nourished life;
Describe inner nourishment practices such as meditation, self-compassion, the cultivation of awe and gratitude, and lovingkindness practices;
Describe self-compassion practices that may be used to reduce distress, encourage self-care and promote balanced eating;
Describe outer support/nourishment practices;
Summarize foundational mindful eating practices and applicability to diverse populations;
Summarize one skill or tool for each of the eight “bodies” or identified aspects of the whole self;
Identify mindfulness and lifestyle practices that can positively impact health and well-being;
Summarize the evidence-based methods of a self-care and lifestyle plan to nourish eight different aspects of oneself.
NOTES FROM ANDREA LEIBERSTEIN: FURTHER DESIRED OUTCOMES
Mindfulness Knowledge and Skills
· Establish a direct, first hand, experience of mindfulness, self-compassion and mindful eating;
· Cultivate mindfulness through instruction, practice, silence, activity, and dialogue;
· Establish an experiential understanding of one’s capacity to deliberately “train” the mind and apply it to daily life and mindful choice;
· Describe the basis for the applicability of meditation, lovingkindness and equanimity practices as a resource for patients or clients to work with wanting and craving;
· Apply and enhance the capacity to pause and make mindful choices;
· Demonstrate an increased ability to recognize mind wandering and to redirect the mind;
Mindful Eating and Living Skills
· Describe and apply the fundamental evidence-based core practices of Mindful Eating;
· Apply the mindful check in to discern for what you are truly hungry;
· Apply the mindful check-in with intention to mindful choice and action in daily life;
· Demonstrate the ability to be aware of multiple aspects of present moment experience and utilize this awareness for informed choice, mindful eating and living;
· Describe evidence-based approaches to healthy eating, including whole foods, plant-based diets and how to customize nutrition and healthy lifestyle information to individual needs, preferences and promote flexibility;
· Increase joyful and satisfying eating and living;
Compassion and Resiliency
· Explain how fostering embodiment can lead to enhanced awareness of specific emotions and stress resilience;
· Recognize the therapeutic power of the heart through self-compassion practices and its role as a powerful motivator to change and self-care;
· Report how mindfulness and self-compassion practices can help patients make better choices for themselves around self-care and eating, apply skills learned and be able to support these competencies with evidence-based research;
· Utilize mindfulness and self-compassion practices as a method for developing resilience, making healthier lifestyle choices, and increasing positive emotions;
· Identify stress symptoms, and eating triggers in eight domains, apply mindfulness practices to manage these more effectively;
· Cultivation of an open, receptive, kind, loving and non-judgmental orientation toward one’s present experience.
ACCOMMODATIONS - VILLA ZUCCARI
Located in the San Luca district of Montefalco, the Villa is a large country house. The building’s oldest wing dates back to the late 16th century while the facade and the general layout date back to the 1800’s. Originally, the family’s living quarters were on the large upper floor while the ground floor served as the storage area for the foods harvested from the fields and the administrative office. The villa is surrounded by centuries-old trees and grounds that extend over an area of 40,000 square meters, where you can enjoy the 20 x 10 meter infinity swimming pool. The park, with its cypress-lined path, forest and extremely rare varieties of trees, including the Ginkgo biloba, paulownia, field maple, pink flowering horse-chestnut tree, Italian stone pine, and many more, is completely level, making it an ideal place for walking or jogging. The 980 Meilland rose bushes offer a unique spectacle from May to October.
Truffle Hunting is an extraordinary Italian adventure where you can be immersed in the traditions and culture of Umbria, the pinnacle of Italy’s truffle tradition
Guided by expert truffle hunters along the forests made up of beech and oak trees, you will find rich black truffles of both the winter and summer varieties while white truffles are found in the valleys below the mountains.
Walking Tour of Assisi
Experience a nostalgic walking tour guided by expert historian on the trails of the Medieval town of Assisi, a UNESCO Heritage Site. Ancient walk of Peace Bosc di San Francesco. Followed by a special dinner in the gardens
ANDREA LIEBERSTEIN, MPH, RDN, RYT
Andrea is founder of the Mindful Eating Training Institute and trains health professionals in embodying mindfulness practice through her evidence-based professional mindful eating and living trainings and retreats.
She is bestselling author of the book, Well-Nourished: Mindful Practices to Heal Your Relationship with Food, Feed your Whole Self and End Overeating” and additionally offers coaching, programs and retreats for the general public. A mindfulness practitioner for over thirty years, she spearheaded Mind Body programs at various Kaiser Permanente Northern California centers, for many years, and has degrees from Stanford University and the University of California at Berkeley. More can be found at mindfuleatingtraining.com and yourwellnourishedlife.com
SEMINAR REGISTRATION AND FEES
Early Registration is Recommended
Step 1 Register for the Program Now Using the Link Below
Step 2 Book Your Accommodations
After you have registered we will send you a confirmation letter along with information on how to book your accommodations at Villa Zuccari
The Villa is offering our group a preferred rate which includes a full breakfast and lunch each day and other amenities starting at 80 euros per person, which is not available to the public.
Your accommodation is a separate fee, paid directly to the Villa and is coordinated by Villa Zuccari staff.
VILLA ZUCCARI RATES
Per person per night, includes Breakfast & Lunch
Classic Double Room € 90
Classic Double Room single use € 130
Superior Double Room € 105
Superior Double Room single use € 145
Deluxe Double Room € 120
Deluxe Double Room single use € 170
Junior Suite € 135
Suite € 145
Torretta € 160
VILLINO & CASETTA
Double Room € 80
Double Room single use € 120
Seminar Cancellation Policy
· You must email your cancellation request to ;
· 100% of paid registration fees, less a $50.00 administration fee per registration, will be refunded for cancellations received by or before March 29, 2020;
· 25% of the paid registration fees will be refunded on all cancellations made between March 30 and May 1, 2020;
· There are no refunds after May 1, 2020.
Villa Booking & Cancellation Policy
At the time of booking, a 1-night non-refundable deposit secures the reservation;
Cancellations received within 15 days prior to arrival date will be subjected to a penalty of 25% of total stay;
Cancellations received within 7 days prior to arrival date will be subjected to a penalty of 50% of total stay;
In case of no-show or early departure, you pay total stay.
Tuition of $1450.00 USD includes all seminar materials.
Upon arrival you will be welcomed in true Italian hospitality by the Villa staff and Pronto team. After you have refreshed in your suite, you are invited to attend an evening Welcome Reception, gathering for orientation and introductions with Italian wine and culinary treats
BOOK ON YOUR OWN
International airfare (to/from Italy)
Accommodations are booked separately and includes breakfast and lunch, starting at 80 euros per person per night for double occupancy
Extras include optional excursions, CE certificate fees, and transportation costs
We can support you with transportation to/from the Villa
+1.415.812.2576 or +1.415.867.4698