Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Summer 2020 Online
Time & Location
About the Event
MBSR – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program Summer 2020 – via ZOOM
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an 8-week program first offered by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts to patients suffering from chronic pain. It is now offered at more than 600 institutions worldwide. The practice is founded in meditation and a growing understanding that awareness brings relief.
Sliding scale “pay what you can” pricing. Please pay more, if you can, to help support those less able to pay. Refunds are available until the end of the first session (Week 1, July 15)
Participants will be introduced to a range of mindfulness practices, including awareness of breath, sitting, walking and movement-based meditation, body scan, gentle body movement, eating meditation and new ways of thinking and responding to stressful situations.
Benefit from 40 years of research that shows MBSR cultivates: An increased ability to relax, greater energy and enthusiasm for life, an ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations.
The Program Includes:
- Eight weekly 2.5 hour sessions via Zoom
- Guided mindfulness practices and group discussion
- All-day online retreat
- Downloadable mp3 files with guided meditations based on Workbook by Bob Stahl, PhD and Chapters from "Full Catastrophe Living" by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD
- Instructors: Ron Pilato, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist PSY19274 and Ron Fouts, M.A., Qualified MBSR instructors with the UMASS/Brown Centers for Mindfulness 26 CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) Credits are available for healthcare professionals.
FREE ORIENTATION SESSION:
Wednesday July 8, 2020
6:30 – 8:30 pm PACIFIC TIME
EIGHT SESSIONS plus DAYLONG:
Wednesdays July 15 through September 2nd 2020
5:30-8 pm PACIFIC TIME
Convert to your Time Zone: All times are listed in Pacific Daylight Time (as in California). Here is a time zone converter to help you adjust to your time zone.
ONE DAYLONG SESSION:
Saturday, August 22
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Zoom (Link will be sent to all registrants 24 hours prior to Orientation)
RSVP to attend the Orientation Session to see if the program is right for you at this time. If so, register durign the Orientation Session or before the Week 1 Session. Full refunds available until end of Week 1 session.
For more information call: +1.415.867.4698 or +1.415.812.2576 or email email@example.com.
The Zoom online platform is a robust and dependable online meeting platform. Below are some of tutorials for using the platform we have found useful. Please also review http://support.zoom.us for more information.
To enable an interactive experience, many of our online courses use video conferencing. To participate in these courses, you will need access to the following::
- a computer with speakers, microphone, and video capabilities;
- a high-speed internet connection (tablets, phones, and Chromebooks are not recommended due to a reduced participant and group experience);
- Zoom (free video conference application).
- Free Orientation July 8th$0$00$0
- Sliding Scale #3$725$7250$0
- Sliding Scale #2$565$5650$0
- Sliding Scale #1$350$3500$0
- CE Certificate$35$350$0